|1 frozen pie shell (follow instructions on package)|
|1/3 cup molasses|
|3 tbs light corn syrup|
|4 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup plus 2 tbs all purpose flour sifted|
|1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I always use pure. It tastes so much better)|
|Pinch of salt|
|2 and 1/4 cups pecan halves|
Here is a wonderful dessert that is always a big favorite at holiday gatherings. It is so quick and easy because it uses store brought pie shells. However it’s just fine if you want to make your own pastry.
- Beat eggs lightly in a medium bowl
- Add molasses an corn syrup, and beat well
- Melt butter, cool slightly
- Stir flour and butter into egg mixture.
- Fold in vanilla, salt and nuts.
- Pour nut filling into pastry shell.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in a 400 degree pre-heated oven.
- Transfer to a rack and cool.