Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps
|1 and 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef, chicken or pork|
|2 tbs peanut oil or vegetable oil|
|2 cloves of garlic minced|
|1 tbs fresh grated ginger|
|1/2 cup hoisin sauce|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tbs spicy peppers diced (Thai, Serrano or Jalapeno) if you like really spicy leave the seeds in|
|1 small onion diced|
|1/2 cup shredded carrots|
|1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves|
|12 large Boston lettuce leaves ( about 2 heads or you can use iceberg or romaine)|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
We love Asian food here is an easy recipe that explodes with deep spicy Asian flavors. It is very adaptable and you can use beef, chicken or pork. Experiment a little and have some fun.
- In a well heated large saute pan or wok add just enough oil to coat 1 or 2 tbs.
- When the oil is hot add the ground protein and cook until it changes color, moving constantly with a wooden spoon to ensure even cooking.
- Then remove protein and place in a wire strainer to drain off all fat.
- wipe pan down, return to heat and when hot add 2 tsp of oil and diced onions, garlic, peppers and grated ginger and saute for about 1 minute.
- Reintroduce protein to pan and mix will with onions, garlic, peppers and ginger.
- Add hoisin, and soy sauce and mix to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving add carrots and torn mint. Toss gently.
- Scoop mixture into lettuce leaves and serve like tacos.