Fennel Pear and Parmesan Salad
This quick salad is stunningly delicious and beautiful.
- 2 bulbs of fennel
- 2 ripe pears
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 oz chunk of Parmesan cheese shaved
- Ripe black olives cut in half for garnish
- Remove the feathery tops from the fennel and roughly chop. Set them aside.
- Remove the tough core from the fennel bulbs then slice them into wafer thin slices.
- Arrange artfully on a serving platter.
- Halve the pears and remove the cores, then thinly slice.
- Arrange the pears over the fennel.
- Season liberally with fresh cracked black pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Using a sharp vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan over the salad.
- Garnish with the chopped fennel fronds and black olives.