Warm Caramalized Scallops with Mixed Greens
- 2 oz sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil drained
- 1 small bunch of basil, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Mixed salad leaves such as arugula curly endive and or mache
- 2 lb of sea scallops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
This is one of my favorite recipes.It’s quick and easy. The flavors of the sun dried tomatoes, walnut oil, fresh greens and caramelized scallops are incomparable!
- Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes and basil leaves.
- In a small bowl whisk together the walnut oil and vinegar. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and basil.
- Combine the salad leaves in a large bowl
- Cut the scallops in half (horizontal)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute’ pan and saute the scallops until golden brown 2 to 3 minutes.(remember the rule hot pan-cold oil and the food will not stick) be careful not to overcook the scallops. You will have to cook the scallops in batches.
- When scallops are done remove the pan from the heat, then return all the scallops to the pan along with the basil and tomato mixture. Mix and adjust seasoning.
- Immediately pour the mixture over the salad leaves.
- Toss to mix and serve at once on individual salad plates.