Warm Caramalized Scallops with Mixed Greens
|2 oz sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil drained|
|1 small bunch of basil, washed and dried|
|1/4 cup walnut oil|
|2 tbs sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar|
|Mixed salad leaves such as arugula curly endive and or mache|
|2 lb of sea scallops|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste|
This is one of my favorite recipes.It’s quick and easy. The flavors of the sun dried tomatoes, walnut oil, fresh greens and caramelized scallops are incomparable!
- Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes and basil leaves.
- In a small bowl whisk together the walnut oil and vinegar. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and basil.
- Combine the salad leaves in a large bowl
- Cut the scallops in half (horizontal)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute’ pan and saute the scallops until golden brown 2 to 3 minutes.(remember the rule hot pan-cold oil and the food will not stick) be careful not to overcook the scallops. You will have to cook the scallops in batches.
- When scallops are done remove the pan from the heat, then return all the scallops to the pan along with the basil and tomato mixture. Mix and adjust seasoning.
- Immediately pour the mixture over the salad leaves.
- Toss to mix and serve at once on individual salad plates.