Clams in White Wine Garlic Tomatoes and Parsley
|2 lbs of fresh little neck clams in shell|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 onion diced|
|3 cloves garlic minced|
|2 vine ripe tomatoes. peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1 tbs of parsley, Italian flat leaf, or curly|
|small pinch of freshmen grated nutmeg|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a quick and easy dish. If you love shell fish don’t deprive your taste buds by missing these wonderfully, delicious clams.
- Soak the clams in water with a pinch of cornmeal for a couple of hours to release any grit.
- Discard any open clams.
- Heat oil in an oven proof casserole dish and cook the onion over low heat until clear.
- Add the garlic and tomato and cook for another 3 minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the clams and cook covered over low heat until the clams open. This should only take about 3 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Add the white wine, parsley and nutmeg, and stir gently covering the clams with the sauce.Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with some crusty bread.