- 2 pounds boneless top grass fed dry aged sirloin steaks cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup of seeded cucumber(skin on)
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- Juice from one lime
- Dash of kosher salt
Here is a great recipe from the “Beef What’s for Dinner” folks…We tested it and made some modifications. Using a tender sirloin steak contrasted nicely with this spicy pineapple salsa. It’s a wonderful combination.
- Combine pineapple salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine ketchup and hoisin sauce in another bowl and set aside.
- Cut beef into 2 inch pieces.
- Thread beef pieces evenly on to four 12 inch metal skewers. Season the kabobs evenly with cracked black pepper and kosher salt.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler so surface of beef in 3 to four inches from heat.
- Brush beef generously with the hoisin sauce mixture.
- Broil 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once and brushing with the remaining sauce mixture.
- Serve kabobs over rice topped with the pineapple salsa.
Note: You may also cook the kabobs over a charcoal fire to get some great smoke flavor.