Southern Macaroni Salad
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup peas (frozen, in the spring use fresh if available)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 spring onions white and green parts, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 hard boiled eggs coarsely chopped
This is a very satisfying salad that is great anytime of year. It is highly adaptable, so feel free to put your own twist on it.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooked pasta, cheese, celery, peas, radishes and green onion.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, pickle relish, milk an salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture and add eggs.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.