Southern Macaroni Salad
|1 cup elbow macaroni|
|3/4 cup cheddar cheese cut into cubes|
|1/2 cup celery chopped|
|1/2 cup peas (frozen, in the spring use fresh if available)|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes|
|2 spring onions white and green parts, sliced|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup sweet pickle relish|
|2 tbs milk|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|Fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 hard boiled eggs coarsely chopped|
This is a very satisfying salad that is great anytime of year. It is highly adaptable, so feel free to put your own twist on it.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooked pasta, cheese, celery, peas, radishes and green onion.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, pickle relish, milk an salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture and add eggs.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.