Butter Lettuce Crab Salad with Yogurt Lemon Dressing
- 1 pound of King , snow, lump or jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 fresh Roma , seeded
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced (leave skin on)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded butter lettuce
- lemon slices for garnish
- 1 hard cooked egg, quartered, for garnish
Crab is wonderful anytime of the year. This recipe uses either King, snow, lump or jumbo lump crab meat. This recipe is very easy to prepare. Remove the crab meat from the legs and cut into manageable pieces. If using lump or jumbo lump just add as is. The cucumber, tomatoes and lemon juice bring out an incredible fresh brightness to the crab meat! Prep time is only 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the crab meat from it’s shells, and cut into 1 inch pieces if using king or snow crab. (If you are using lump or jumbo lump add as is.)
- Dice the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Mix the lemon juice, mayo and yogurt.
- Gently toss the crab meat in into the dressing and add the tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Place shredded lettuce in a bowl and place crab salad on top.
- You may garnish the salad with crab claws for an attractive presentation.