Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken With Rice)
|2 and 1/2 pounds fryer parts|
|2 cloves of garlic minced|
|1 small onion diced|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 and 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|1 tbs ground cumin|
|1/2 tbs turmeric|
|1 16oz bag frozen peas|
|1 and 1/4 cups white rice|
|Kosher and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 small handful of cilantro for garnish (chopped)|
This an authentic preparation for this dish, with cumin, garlic,turmeric and cilantro. It’s very satisfying and full of bold Latin flavors!
- Clean chicken well and pat dry.
- In a large skillet saute chicken in olive oil over medium heat, turning to brown evenly for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- De-glaze pan with white wine.
- Add uncooked rice to skillet and stir constantly, until slightly brown.
- Add onion Saute with rice for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in chicken broth and add cumin, garlic, turmeric and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to platter or individual plates and garnish with chopped cilantro.