Minestrone Soup with Potatoes Rutabaga Cannelloni Beans and Zucchini
- 2 cups dried Cannelloni beans
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup bacon chopped
- 4 canned or fresh Roma tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 tbs chopped parsley, flat leaf or curly
- 8 cups of chicken or beef stock
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 rutabaga peeled and diced
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 2 zucchini sliced into rounds 1/8 inch thick
- 1/2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup of dried small tubular macaroni
- fresh grated Romano or Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Drain the beans..
- Add all ingredients to a crock pot.
- Cook on high for four hours or low for 8 hours.
*Rutabaga is an under used vegetable is a cross between cabbage and a turnip in taste.