Puff Pastry Pizza Nicoise
|1 package of frozen puff pastry|
|5 or 6 oz of thin fresh green beans|
|2 cans of solid white tuna in water drained|
|8 to 10 green olives pits removed|
|8 to 10 black olives pits removed|
|1 tbs chopped basil|
|10 anchovy fillets|
|3 large eggs|
|8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese sliced|
|Parmesan cheese to sprinkle over.|
|Basil sprigs for garnish|
Here is a rustic savory pizza that reminds me of the French country side..I usually make this recipe with pizza dough and cook it on a pizza stone that I keep in my oven. I have developed this recipe using puff pastry to make it easier for those of you who don’t want to spend the time making fresh pizza dough. In case you want use fresh pizza dough, it is available in many of the high end grocery stores and Italian delis.
- Thaw puff pastry and roll out one of the rectangle pieces in the package.
- Cook the green beans in salted water until just tender.
- Place the rolled out dough on a well oiled baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the entire surface of the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the beans, tuna fish, olives and basil over the sauce.
- Arrange the anchovy fillets on top.
- Make a 3 separate hollow’s evenly on the pizza and carefully crack an egg into each hollow.
- Arrange the slices of fresh mozzarella around the eggs.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 425 degree oven until cheese is melted and crust is golden. 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish and serve.