Roasted Root Vegetables with Garlic and Honey
|4 tbs of extra virgin olive oil|
|3 parsnips, trimmed and quartered|
|2 beets, peeled and cut into wedges|
|6 Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces|
|3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces|
|2 red onions quartered|
|1 bunch of fresh thyme|
|2 springs of fresh rosemary|
|2 whole heads of garlic, with the top cut off and added to the pan whole|
|3 tbs red wine vinegar|
|3 tbs honey|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
This time of the year is is a great opportunity to take advantage of some wonderful winter root vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the olive oil into a roasting pan.
- Put roasting pan in the oven and heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, herbs and garlic cloves, mix them with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning them every now and then to prevent burning.
- Drizzle vegetables with honey and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin, and mix with the vegetables.
- Drizzle the vegetables with red wine vinegar and serve,