Seafood Kabobs with Halibut, Salmon, Scallops and Shrimp
|1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil|
|Zest from 1/2 lemon|
|1 sprig of fresh thyme|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 sprig of fresh rosemary|
|A small bunch of parsley|
|Kosher salt and white pepper|
|1/2 lb of halibut fillets cut into large chunks|
|1/2 lb salmon fillets cut into large chunks|
|1/2 lb of sea scallops|
|1/2 lb of large peeled shrimp|
|Bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1/2 hour|
Seafood lovers always line up for this one. The seafood is marinated in extra virgin oil with a mix of herbs and spices, then cooked over charcoal or you may cook it under a broiler. This is so easy and finger licking good!
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil lemon rind, herbs and seasoning .
- Cut the halibut and salmon into chunks about the same size as the scallops.
- Skewer the fish chunks, scallops and shrimp alternatively on skewers.Use two skewers for each kabob in order to make it easier to turn while cooking.
- Place kabobs into a shallow dish and pour over the marinade and refrigerate for about 2 hours, turning frequently.
- Cook over charcoal or broil for 10 minutes, basting with the marinade frequently
- Serve with rice and lemon wedges.