Seafood Kabobs with Halibut, Salmon, Scallops and Shrimp
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- A small bunch of parsley
- Kosher salt and white pepper
- 1/2 lb of halibut fillets cut into large chunks
- 1/2 lb salmon fillets cut into large chunks
- 1/2 lb of sea scallops
- 1/2 lb of large peeled shrimp
- Bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1/2 hour
Seafood lovers always line up for this one. The seafood is marinated in extra virgin oil with a mix of herbs and spices, then cooked over charcoal or you may cook it under a broiler. This is so easy and finger licking good!
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil lemon rind, herbs and seasoning .
- Cut the halibut and salmon into chunks about the same size as the scallops.
- Skewer the fish chunks, scallops and shrimp alternatively on skewers.Use two skewers for each kabob in order to make it easier to turn while cooking.
- Place kabobs into a shallow dish and pour over the marinade and refrigerate for about 2 hours, turning frequently.
- Cook over charcoal or broil for 10 minutes, basting with the marinade frequently
- Serve with rice and lemon wedges.