Shrimp with Chilies and Cashews
|1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 bunch scallions|
|1/2 sweet red bell pepper, cut into strips|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|3 tbs soy sauce|
|3 tbs dry sheery|
|White pepper to taste|
|2 dried hot red chilies|
|1/3 cup whole salted cashews|
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish|
Try this Asian flavor spin with fresh shrimp. The garlic, soy sauce, chilies and sherry give this dish a satisfying kick. You can prepare this dish in about 20 minutes start to finish.
- Slice the scallions on the diagonal into 1 inch lengths.
- In a bowl mix together the garlic, soy sauce, sherry, black pepper and 3tbs of water.
- Gently stir in the chilies, red pepper, shrimp, and nuts.
- Cover tightly and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain the marinate reserving it in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large sauce pan. Add the shrimp mixture and scallions and saute over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the reserved marinade and bring to a bubbling boil.
- Adjust seasoning and serve immediately over rice and garnish with cilantro.