Asian Marinated Sirloin Steak Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb of grass fed sirloin steak
- 2 heads of butter head lettuce
- 8 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 lb of mushrooms sliced (oyster or button or a mix)
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 4 tsp of mirin or rice wine
- 2 tsp of kosher or sea salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 8 shredded spring onions (lengthwise)
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 4 tsp of chili powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
This is a great appetizer.kneading the meat with salt makes it amazingly tender. The marinade gives this dish a decidedly Asian punch. The crispness of the lettuce as a foil for the meat is a total party in your mouth.
- Slice the beef into bite sized strips and place in a non reactive bowl.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and spring onions.
- Pour in the mirin or rice wine and add the salt and several twists of black pepper.
- Mix the marinade together, evenly coating the beef. knead the meat well to tenderize.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Mix the spring onion mixture ingredients together.(shredded spring onions, rice vinegar, chili powder, sugar and sesame oil)
- Mix the spring onion mixture together.
- Remove the outer leaves from the lettuce and rinse well and dry.
- Place a griddle pan over medium heat and cook the beef for about 3 minutes, until brown turning frequently.
- Let the beef cool slightly then place a small portion in a lettuce leaf with a pinch of the spring onion mixture and serve.
- Eat just like a taco.