Chicken With Herb-Garlic Sauce
|1/2 pound of skinless white meat chicken cutlets|
|2 cloves of garlic minced|
|Olive oil for sauteing|
|1/4 cup dry white sherry wine|
|1 tsp lime juice|
|Fresh lime wedges for garnish|
|1/2 tsp cornstarch|
|Kosher salt to taste|
|Fresh ground black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried|
|1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped or 2 tsp dried|
|Sage leaves for garnish|
This is a recipe that is full of flavor and quick and easy to make! This recipe is for 2 but you can double or triple the recipe depending on how many you are serving.This chicken dish can be served over rice or noodles.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a fry pan, brown chicken in a small amount of olive oil over medium high heat. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate
- Add to the same fry pan the sherry wine and bring to a boil. Cook until wine is reduced by half..About 1 minute.
- Combine lime juice and cornstarch in a cup, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved. Add to the wine and mix thoroughly.
- Add herbs and seasonings, more salt if necessary and cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken to sauce, turning to coat. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 1 minute or until chicken is heated through.
- Place chicken on rice or noodles and pour sauce over and garnish with Sage leaves.