Cucumber Spinach and Watercress Salad with Red Onion
- 2 cucumbers sliced very thinly
- 2 tsp of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 tbs of white wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion sliced thinly
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach
Creamy, peppery, crisp and refreshing this is salad is a perfect first course. This recipe calls for a creamy yogurt dressing. You may alternatively use a olive oil based vinaigrette if desired.
- Slice cucumbers thinly..
- Place them in a glass bowl and sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt. Toss well and refrigerate well for 30 minutes.
- Drain the cucumbers well and gently toss with the sour cream and yogurt.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp of salt, pepper, dill, and vinegar and gently toss.
- Stir in the red onion, and sprinkle with springs of dill.
- Serve immediately on a bed of watercress.