French Dessert – Apples Cheese and Roasted Pecans
- 1 red Fuji or Winesap apple
- 1 green granny smith apple
- 1/2 lb of Stilton cheese
- 1/2 lb of roasted pecans
- Misc. crackers
- Coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1 bottle of good Port Wine
I am so grateful to have learned many cooking techniques and gained so much inspiration for the great French Chef Jacques Pepin. This recipe is super simple and a classic dessert enjoyed by the French. It is wonderful served with a good Port wine This recipe is written for 2 and can be easily doubled or tripled. It can be prepared in about 5 minutes. Now how easy is that?
- Core and slice the apples into 8 slices each.
- Cut Stilton into 1 inch chunks
- On an attractive serving tray or cutting board artfully arrange the apples, stilton, roasted pecans and crackers.
- Sprinkle the apples lightly with the coarsely cracked black pepper.
- Serve with a glass of Port.