- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 12 large asparagus spears (be sure the break off of the tough end of the asparagus)
- Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive for brushing.
The saltiness of the prosciutto along with the flavor of the asparagus is a wonderful combination.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto length wise in half and wrap one half around each of the asparagus spears.
- Brush the asparagus lightly with extra virgin olive oil, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pre- heat broiler or grill.
- Place on the grill rack or broiler, turning frequently and carefully with tongs, About 5 minutes until the asparagus are tender but firm.
- Serve immediately.