Minted Fruit Salad with Honey
|1 ruby grapefruit|
|1 honey dew melon|
|1 small seedless sugar watermelon|
|1 pint of raspberries|
|1/2 small pineapple cut into chunks|
|4 whole mint leaves for garnish|
Try this quick easy healthy fruit salad. If you get ripe fruit you will find that it is so flavorful that it doesn’t need a dressing! This recipe can be prepared in about 30 minutes.
- Peel the grapefruit.
- Holding grapefruit over bowl, section it and discard all pith using a sharp serrated knife.Be sure to collect juice in bowl.
- Peel the papayas. Halve and remove seeds, then slice the flesh in half moon shapes and add to bowl.
- Halve the honey dew melon and scoop out the seeds. Scoop out the flesh using a melon baller and add to the bowl.
- Halve the watermelon and scoop out the flesh with a melon baller.
- Toss the fruit salad with the chopped mint gently and chill for 30 minutes.
- Note: if fruit is not quite ripe you can add a few tbs of superfine sugar or honey and mix gently.