Pear and Radicchio Salad With Sesame Vinaigrette
- 2 ripe pears cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce or radicchio(you may mix and match the greens as desired)
- 1 cup thinly julienne carrot
- 1 scallion julienne
- 2 tsp of toasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tst sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
Quick easy and totally satisfying! Pears and radicchio have an uncommon affinity. When you add the contrasting flavors of the sunflower seeds the carrot and the soy and sesame dressing you will get a incredible taste sensation.
- In a large bowl gently mix ingredients for salad. You may arrange the pears artfully on top of the greens.
- Arrange salad on individual plates.
- In another bowl whisk the ingredients for the dressing and pour sparingly over the salad when ready to serve.