- 1 and 1/2 pounds of wild salmon skin on
- 1 tbs of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of lemon pepper
- 1 tbs of onion powder
- kosher or sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 large zip lock bag
Salmon is a very versatile fish..Not only is it delicious, it is very good for you. Once you marinate the salmon you will be rewarded with a wonderful piece of fish with a beautiful glaze and rich deep flavor.
- Mix together the dry spices along with the salt and pepper and season the salmon all over on the flesh side. Let sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, water and vegetable oil to a large bowl and mix will.
- Put the salmon in a large zip lock bag and add the liquid marinade.
- Let marinade for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours remove the salmon from the marinade and pat dry.
- You may either bake or grill. If you bake place salmon in an oven prof pan and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- If you grill place salmon on a hot grill skin side down and cook over high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once and cooking for another 5 minutes.