Spiced Panko Breaded Chicken Breast
This is a quick delicious recipe that elevates a sometimes bland chicken breast. The key is to season the chicken breast before cooking and allowing the spices to penetrate the meat prior to cooking.
- 4 1/4 lb skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs of fresh parsley (Italian or curly)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder.thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, rubbing in well.
- Wrap the chicken in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- dip the chicken in the egg wash and then in the bread crumbs, coating both sides.
- Heat the canola oil over medium high heat.
- Cook the chicken about 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden.