Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of kosher salt
- 2/3 cup of shortening
- 1 cup of cook mashed sweet potatoes (roast in oven, do not boil)
- 3 tbs of room temperature milk
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
These biscuits melt in you mouth and will surely become on of your family favorites. This recipe makes a dozen biscuits, and can be made in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Sift the dry ingredients, cut in the shortening and blend in the sweet potatoes.
- Add the milk to form a soft dough.Do not over mix.
- On a floured surface, knead and roll out the dough to a 3/4 inch thickness.
- With a biscuit cutter, cut out rounds and place on an ungreased cookie sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.