Twice Baked Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup uncooked plain old fashioned oats
- 1 yellow onion diced finely
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
- 2 tbs of parsley (Italian or curly)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
This recipe is a healthier version of this comfort classic. We use old fashioned oats instead of bread in the mixture. The oats soak up the flavors and melt deliciously into the mix.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl combine the turkey. oats, onion egg, and milk and mix well.
- Place the mix in the loaf pan and shape.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the ingredients for the sauce.
- After 30 minutes of baking add the sauce on top of the loaf and bake for another 30 minutes.