- 1 lb of button mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 3 tbs of distilled white vinegar
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
The soy sauce, garlic brown sugar, and toasted sesame elevate the lowly button mushroom to a new level. these are great as a pass around tapa.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth and trim the stem ends
- Place the mushrooms in a glass bowl
- In a sauce pan combine soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and garlic.
- Place over moderate heat and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour marinade over mushrooms and refrigerate.
- Allow to marinate for at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally making sure the mushrooms are coated with the marinade
- To serve, drain thoroughly, place on tooth picks, and dip in toasted sesame seeds.
Note: To toast sesame seeds place in a heavy skillet and toast over medium heat for a few minutes.