How to Make Authentic Basil Pesto
- 1 cup of packed basil leaves, without stems
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Pesto is basically a uncooked sauce with fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts and Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese. This is a fresh tasting classic sauce that originated in Genoa Italy. It is perfect served over pasta.
- Place all ingredients, except the olive and cheese in a food processor, and process until chopped well.
- Add the cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times.
- Pulse the food processor and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until mixture is creamy.
- Serve over pasta.