Avocado Stuffed with Crab and Baby Shrimp
|2 shallots, minced|
|2tsp canola oil|
|1/2 lb lump crab plus 1/2 lb baby cooked shrimp|
|2 ripe Haas avocados|
|4 tsp garam masala|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|4 tsp tomato paste|
|Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Lemon twists for garnish|
|Parsley for garnish|
|4 butter lettuce leaves|
Avocado and crab are the perfect marriage. This recipe adds a dash of Indian flavor with the use of Garam masala. Recipe can be doubled if desired. Serves 4
- Mince the shallots.
- In a saute pan heat the oil and saute the shallots for about 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, and fry gently for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into bowl and let cool completely.
- Add the crab, mayonnaise, tomato paste, lemon rind and juice and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Halve the avocado, remove pit and remove from skin. (take care to keep the avocado half in one piece.)
- Place 1 leaf of butter lettuce on each of 4 serving plates. Top with one half of each avocado.
- Spoon in the filling into each avocado half. If you have extra filling place artfully around the plate.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon rind twists.