- 2 shallots, minced
- 2tsp canola oil
- 1 lb of lump crab meat (you may also use king or Snow Crab
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp tomato paste
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Lemon twists for garnish
- Parsley for garnish
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
Avocado and crab are the perfect marriage. This recipe adds a dash of Indian flavor with the use of Garam masala. Recipe can be doubled if desired. Serves 4
- Mince the shallots.
- In a saute pan heat the oil and saute the shallots for about 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, and fry gently for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into bowl and let cool completely.
- Add the crab, mayonnaise, tomato paste, lemon rind and juice and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Halve the avocado, remove pit and remove from skin. (take care to keep the avocado half in one piece.)
- Place 1 leaf of butter lettuce on each of 4 serving plates. Top with one half of each avocado.
- Spoon in the filling into each avocado half. If you have extra filling place artfully around the plate.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon rind twists.