|1/2 cup buttermilk|
|1/2 tsp baking soda|
|2 cups firmly packed brown sugar|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs light corn syrup|
|1 cup toasted pecans chopped|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
Super sweet New Orleans pralines. These are so good you will not be able to stop eating them. Makes 2 dozen.
- Stir together buttermilk and baking soda in a large heavy sauce pan until blended.
- Add brown sugar, butter, butter and corn syrup. Mix well
- Cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees (softball stage). Cool 10 to 12 minutes.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in Pecans and vanilla extract.
- Working rapidly, drop rounded table spoon fulls onto lightly greased wax paper. Let stand until firm.