- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs light corn syrup
- 1 cup toasted pecans chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Super sweet New Orleans pralines. These are so good you will not be able to stop eating them. Makes 2 dozen.
- Stir together buttermilk and baking soda in a large heavy sauce pan until blended.
- Add brown sugar, butter, butter and corn syrup. Mix well
- Cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees (softball stage). Cool 10 to 12 minutes.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in Pecans and vanilla extract.
- Working rapidly, drop rounded table spoon fulls onto lightly greased wax paper. Let stand until firm.