Caribbean Baked Yams
|4 medium yams or sweet potatoes|
|3 tbs half and half|
|1 and 1/2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 and 1//3 tbs dark brown sugar|
|2 tbs dark rum|
|2 tbs flake coconut, toasted|
Sweet potatoes, rum and coconut. The perfect combination.
- Wash yams and bake on oven rack at 400 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Slice off tops lengthwise and scoop our the potato; reserve the shells.
- Coarsely mash potato, add the half and half, butter, brown sugar and rum.
- Spoon mixture back into potato shells and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes to warm through.
- Sprinkle with coconut and serve.