Caribbean Lamb and Peanut Curry with Chilies
- 2 pounds of lean lamb meat cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbs of curry powder
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 2 hot chilies chopped (you can eliminate if you don't like spicy)
- 1 large onion minced
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- 14 oz can of peeled Roma tomatoes with juice chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbs of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of frozen peas
Lamb or mutton is a staple in the Caribbean. When prepared with flavors imported from east India the tastes are incredibly savory and sweet and spicy. This recipe is designed to be made in a crock pot and when finished the Lamb will be wonderfully tender.
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot except the peanut butter, lemon juice coconut milk and peas and mix gently.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8. (follow the directions that come with your crock pot)
- During the last 3o minutes of cooking mix the peanut butter, lemon juice and coconut milk and mix well.
- Add the peanut butter mixture along with the peas and cook for another 30 minutes.