|1 cup grated carrot|
|3/4 cup canola oil|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 and 1/2 cup sifted flour|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans|
|Toasted sesame seeds for topping (optional)|
Sweet and delicious. This carrot cake is very easy to prepare.
- Combine vegetable oil and sugar and stir until well blended.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in Carrots.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the pecans or walnuts if desired.
- Pour the batter in a greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 1 hour.
- Cool, then serve.
- Note: for the frosting use our “cream cheese frosting recipe“.