Celery Au Gratin
|2 bunches of celery|
|2 bay leaves|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|2 tsp cornstarch|
|1 and 1/4 cups sour cream|
|1/2 cup dried bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese|
Celery and cheese is a wonderful combination…This recipe gives you an wonderful alternative for using celery, not just as a flavoring but as a side dish.
- Trim the celery, discarding any tough outer stalks.Reserve some of the inner leaves and small stalks.
- Cut stalks on the diagonal into 2 inch lenghts.
- Blend the cornstarch into the sour cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mince the reserved celery leaves and add to the cream.
- Pour over the celery.
- Cook celery with the bay leaves in a pan of boiling salted water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and discard the bay leaves and add celery to a gratin dish.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and cheese, and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until celery is tender and the top is golden brown. About 30 minutes.
- Serve at once.