Marinated Charcoal Broiled Scallops
|2 lbs of fresh sea scallops|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1/4 cup of olive oil|
|1 tbs of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs dried oregano|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|2 green peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces, optional|
|1 yellow onion, quartered and then separated into layers, optional|
The marination process gives these scallops a wonderful flavor.. Add the lemon juice during the last 10 minutes of the marination process as it will cook the scallops if left in the marinade for too long.
- Place the Scallops in a non-reactive bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic.
- Pour the oil mixture over the scallops and mix well..
- Let marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Add lemon juice for the last 10 minutes of marination.
- Remove scallops from marinade and thread on skewers, alternately with pieces of green pepper and onion.
- Grill over hot charcoal, turning once. About 5 minutes.
- Alternatively cook under broiler for 5 minutes, turning once.