Chicken and Snow Peas in Black Bean Sauce
|2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|1 egg white|
|4 tbs dry sherry|
|Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs plus 1 tsp of cornstarch|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tsp sugar|
|6 tbs of peanut or canola oil|
|5 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, minced|
|1 and 1/2 tbs fermented black beans, mashed (available at Asian markets)|
|2 small yellow onions, quartered and separated into layers|
|1 cup snow peas|
This is a wonderful recipe with Chinese flavors.
Health Tip: Health Benefits of Snow Peas
Featured Recipe: Split Pea Soup from Jen Reviews
- Mix chicken cubes with egg whites, 2 tbs sherry, salt, pepper and 1 tbs cornstarch and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, 2 tbs sherry, 1 tsp cornstarch and sugar; mix well and set aside.
- In a wok or large saute pan heat 4 tbs of oil over high heat.
- Add chicken cubes and stir fry quickly, about 2 minutes or just until they loose their pink color.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tbs peanut oil to wok or pan.
- Turn heat up to high and add garlic, ginger and black beans. Stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and snow peas and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Return chicken and soy sauce mixture to pan and stir rapidly over high heat until well mixed and hot.
- Serve with jasmine rice.