Chicken and Snow Peas in Black Bean Sauce
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 egg white
- 4 tbs dry sherry
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs plus 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 tbs of peanut or canola oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 and 1/2 tbs fermented black beans, mashed (available at Asian markets)
- 2 small yellow onions, quartered and separated into layers
- 1 cup snow peas
This is a wonderful recipe with Chinese flavors.
Health Tip: Health Benefits of Snow Peas
Featured Recipe: Split Pea Soup from Jen Reviews
- Mix chicken cubes with egg whites, 2 tbs sherry, salt, pepper and 1 tbs cornstarch and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, 2 tbs sherry, 1 tsp cornstarch and sugar; mix well and set aside.
- In a wok or large saute pan heat 4 tbs of oil over high heat.
- Add chicken cubes and stir fry quickly, about 2 minutes or just until they loose their pink color.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tbs peanut oil to wok or pan.
- Turn heat up to high and add garlic, ginger and black beans. Stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and snow peas and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Return chicken and soy sauce mixture to pan and stir rapidly over high heat until well mixed and hot.
- Serve with jasmine rice.