- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (do not use crap on the shelf in those little paper containers)
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups of marinara sauce (you can use 1 (16 oz) of jarred sauce, but better yet use our search engine for homemade marinara sauce)
- 1 and 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound of pasta (We like spaghetti)
This recipe is a crowd pleaser. Super simple sure to become a family favorite.
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy pan until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a wide shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly coat each chicken breast with flour, shaking off excess
- Dip the chicken in in the eggs and them the bread crumbs, evenly coating on both sides.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken breast’s until golden brown on each side.
- Spread 1/2 of the Marinara sauce in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the dish and top with the remaining marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese and the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- While the chicken is cooking cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Top pasta with remaining marinara sauce.