Cold Spinach Soup with Sherry and Ginger
|1 tbs canola oil|
|2 tsp of fresh ginger, minced|
|1 pound of fresh spinach, washed and stripped of tough stems.|
|4 scallions, chopped|
|4 cups of chicken stock (use our search engine for a chicken stock recipe)|
|3 tbs dry sherry|
|1 cup sour cream|
|2 tbs finely chopped chives|
This is a super healthy delicious use for spinach that yields a rich delightful cold soup. The Marriage of soy sauce, sherry and ginger makes this soup something special super simple.
Health Tip: (Health Benefits of Spinach)
- In a large stock peat heat peanut oil over high heat.
- Add the ginger and stir fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add spinach and scallions and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Puree in blender with 3/4 cup of the sour cream.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Just before serving, and chives and mix thoroughly.
- Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream.