Crab Ravigote with Potato Pancakes
- 1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat (you may also use king or snow crab meat)
- 1 tbs onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs of roasted red pepper chopped
- 1 tbs green olives, finely chopped
- 1 tbs of heavy cream
- 2 tbs of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs parsley
- fennel fronds for garnish
- 8 baking potatoes. peeled and grated
- 1 yellow onion, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 tbs canola oil
This delicious appetizer highlights the delicious crab meat with a creamy sauce and the tangy bite of green olives.
- Mix all ingredients gently.
- Chill and serve in cold crab shells or in butter lettuce cups or mounded on a thick tomato slice.
- Garnish with parsley and fennel fronds.
- Serve in layers with potato pancakes.
- Peel potatoes and soak in cold water for 1 hour. Drain and dry well.
- Grate potatoes, then squeeze out as much moisture as possible using a clean dish towel or paper towels.
- Add grated onion and eggs, then mix in flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan heat the oil using medium high heat and drop large spoon fulls of the potato mixture into the pan.
- Fry until brown, turning once. Do not crowd the pan.
- Drain on paper towels.