Crab Ravigote with Potato Pancakes
|1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat (you may also use king or snow crab meat)|
|1 tbs onion, finely chopped|
|1 tbs of roasted red pepper chopped|
|1 tbs green olives, finely chopped|
|1 tbs of heavy cream|
|2 tbs of mayonnaise|
|1 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbs parsley|
|fennel fronds for garnish|
|8 baking potatoes. peeled and grated|
|1 yellow onion, grated|
|3 eggs, beaten|
|3 tbs flour|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 tbs canola oil|
This delicious appetizer highlights the delicious crab meat with a creamy sauce and the tangy bite of green olives.
- Mix all ingredients gently.
- Chill and serve in cold crab shells or in butter lettuce cups or mounded on a thick tomato slice.
- Garnish with parsley and fennel fronds.
- Serve in layers with potato pancakes.
- Peel potatoes and soak in cold water for 1 hour. Drain and dry well.
- Grate potatoes, then squeeze out as much moisture as possible using a clean dish towel or paper towels.
- Add grated onion and eggs, then mix in flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan heat the oil using medium high heat and drop large spoon fulls of the potato mixture into the pan.
- Fry until brown, turning once. Do not crowd the pan.
- Drain on paper towels.