Cream of Vegetable Soup
|1/4 cup unsalted butter|
|1 medium potato, peeled and sliced|
|3 carrots peeled and chopped|
|1 parsnip peeled, and sliced|
|2 ribs of celery, diced|
|3 spring onions chopped (white and green parts0|
|1/4 cup diced parsley|
|1 tbs chopped chives|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 cups of vegetable stock|
|1 cup of cream|
|1/4 tea freshly grated nutmeg|
This soup is rich, smooth and totally vegetarian and surprisingly delicious.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium heat, add all the vegetables and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring almost to a boil then simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Let cool slightly then cool slightly then puree the mixture in a blender of food processor until smooth.
- Return to the sauce pan and add the cream and nutmeg and return to a simmer. (take care not to boil)
- Serve hot with crusty bread.