Creamy New York Style Cheese Cake
|20 (2 and 1/2 inch) square graham crackers, about 2 cups|
|1/4 cup butter melted|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened|
|1 cup, plus 3 tbs sugar|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|Grated rind of 1 lemon|
|Grated rind of 1/2 orange|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
What could be better than a creamy New York style cheese cake. If desired you may serve this cheesecake with sweetened fresh strawberries or other fruit of your choice. This recipe makes one cake.
- Crush the gram crackers into coarse crumbs. Mix the crumbs with melted butter and cinnamon.
- Press evenly into the bottom a a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a blender or food processor place the cream cheese, eggs, 1 cup of sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind, and orange rind. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over crumbs in the pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for approximately 1/2 hour or until just firm and beginning to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven and increase the heat to 500 degrees.
- Mix sour cream with remaining 3 tbs of sugar and vanilla extract and spread over the hot cake. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Remove the cake from the spring form pan when the cake is cool. (not cold)