Double Layered Reuben Sandwiches
Whats better than a huge juicy Reuben sandwich. The best one that we have ever had was at Katz’s deli in NYC.
- 3 lb’s of quality shaved corned beef
- 2 cups of sauerkraut, drained
- 1 and 1/2 cups of thousand island dressing
- 12 rye bread slices
- 6 pumpernickel bread slices
- 12 slices of Swiss cheese
- Spread thousand island dressing evenly on 1 side of each bread slice.
- Layer 6 rye bread slices and 6 pumpernickel slices with 2 slices of cheese.
- Place the sauerkraut evenly on the 6 slices of pumpernickel.
- Place corned beef evenly over the slices (1/2 lb for each sandwich).
- Stack to make 6 (2 layer sandwiches)
- If desired you may baked the sandwiches at 475 for about 10 minutes.