Flaming Bananas Dessert
|1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened|
|1/2 cup dark brown sugar|
|1/2 orange juice|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|6 firm ripe bananas, sliced|
|1/4 cup dark rum, warmed|
|1/4 cup Grand Marnier, warmed|
|1 quart vanilla ice cream (use our search engine for our recipe for home made vanilla ice cream)|
I can’t begin to tell how good this is…It is very easy to prepare and an absolute show stopper. Remember you are going to serve this dish in front of your guests or that special someone, so take care not to light them on fire. If you don’t drink alcohol skip this one.
- In a chafing dish or electric skillet cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Cook over low heat until smooth and syrupy.
- Add the orange and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the sliced bananas and warmed rum and Grand Marnier and heat almost to simmering.
- Ignite with a long match.
- While bananas are sill flaming, ladle them and their sauce over individual servings of the ice cream.