Flat Bread Smoked Salmon and Sour Cream Pizza
|4 pita bread disc's, toasted or any other flat bread|
|1 lb of smoked salmon|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 cup sour cream|
|2 tbs horseradish|
|1 large red onion. sliced very thin|
|4 tbs of capers|
|Fresh chives, minced, for garnish|
|Crisp white wine for drinking|
This recipe was inspired by the Great chef Jacques Pepin. It is super simple and can be made in about 10 minutes.
- Place Pita bread in a 375 degree oven and toast for about 5 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Mix sour cream with the horseradish.
- Spread the sour cream and horseradish mixture evenly over the pita discs.
- Place 1/4 of the salmon artfully on each pita disc.
- Spread thin onion slices over salmon.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the capers evenly on each pita disc.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Cut each into quarters and serve with a crisp white wine.