- 4 pita bread disc's, toasted or any other flat bread
- 1 lb of smoked salmon
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs horseradish
- 1 large red onion. sliced very thin
- 4 tbs of capers
- Fresh chives, minced, for garnish
- Crisp white wine for drinking
This recipe was inspired by the Great chef Jacques Pepin. It is super simple and can be made in about 10 minutes.
- Place Pita bread in a 375 degree oven and toast for about 5 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Mix sour cream with the horseradish.
- Spread the sour cream and horseradish mixture evenly over the pita discs.
- Place 1/4 of the salmon artfully on each pita disc.
- Spread thin onion slices over salmon.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the capers evenly on each pita disc.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Cut each into quarters and serve with a crisp white wine.