Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sandwich with Horseradish Mayonnaise
|1 lb of fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4 pound slices|
|2 farm fresh eggs|
|1 cup of all purpose flour|
|1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs|
|3 cups canola oil|
|4 sesame seed hamburger buns|
|1 cup quality mayonnaise|
|2 tbs horseradish|
|1 tbs sugar|
You must try this taste sensation of a sandwich. It is particularly satisfying after a long night of drinking! This sandwich will knock your socks off.
- Slice fresh mozzarella into four 1/4 lb slices
- Get 3 bowls. In the first beat 2 eggs, in the second place the flour and in the third place the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a heavy bottomed sauce pan to 360 degrees.
- Place the mozzarella slices in flour cover completely and shake off excess.
- Dip mozzarella slices into beaten egg, remove and let excess drip off.
- Place mozzarella slices into bread crumbs and cover completely.
- Place breaded mozzarella slices into hot oil an fry until lightly browned and crispy. About 2 minutes
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mix ingredients for horseradish sauce.
- Place mozzarella slices on bun and dress with horseradish sauce.
- As a variation you can substitute the horseradish sauce with marinara sauce and some fresh basil leaves.