This classic Greek salad can be put together in a snap.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes cut into 1/8’s
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup brine-cured, oil packed black olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- In a large salad bowl place the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper, scallions, olives and cheese
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt,pepper and garlic. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour over salad, mix well and serve.