- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed or sliced
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 scallions, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces, white and green parts
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup brined black olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This classic Greek salad can be put together in a snap.
- In a large salad bowl place the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper, scallions, olives and cheese
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour over salad, mix well and serve.