Hand Cut Tuna Tartar with Wasabi Vinaigrette
|1 lb sushi grade bl bluefin tuna, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced|
|1 tbs chives|
|1 tbs Tobiko Caviar (available at Asian grocery stores, has an affordable price)|
|1 tbs sesame seeds, for sprinkling|
If you love sushi this recipe is for you.
- 2 oz wasabi powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 3 oz sugar
- 2 oz soy sauce
- 3 oz rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- 1 cup peanut or grapeseed oil.
Ingredients for Herb Salad:
- Mache lettuce
- Micro radish
- Snow pea sprouts
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together and slowly whisk in oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together tuna, cucumbers, chives, tobiko caviar, salt and pepper and 1 tbs of wasabi vinaigrette.
- Set aside.
- Toss herb salad in remaining vinaigrette and distribute equally onto four salad plates.
- Using a ring mold, shape 4 oz’s of tuna mixture and place on top of each salad.
- Drizzle vinaigrette around each plate and garnish with crackers.