Hawaiian Creamed Spinach with Crab Meat Dip
|3 bunches of fresh spinach|
|1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat|
|1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk|
|1/2 cup of heavy cream|
|1 sweet onion diced|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste|
Here is a recipe that we picked up in Hawaii. Coconut milk gives it an authentic island flavor.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove, drain and squeeze water out of spinach with paper towel.
- In a saute pan melt butter and cook onions until translucent.
- Add spinach and mix well.
- Slowly add coconut milk and heavy cream. If it gets too thick add more cream
- Take off of heat and gently mix in crab meat.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve with pita chips, crackers or crusty bread