- 3 bunches of fresh spinach
- 1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Here is a recipe that we picked up in Hawaii. Coconut milk gives it an authentic island flavor.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove, drain and squeeze water out of spinach with paper towel.
- In a saute pan melt butter and cook onions until translucent.
- Add spinach and mix well.
- Slowly add coconut milk and heavy cream. If it gets too thick add more cream
- Take off of heat and gently mix in crab meat.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve with pita chips, crackers or crusty bread