Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Salad with Parmesan
- 1lb canned hearts of palm
- 1 small jar of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 head Romaine lettuce hearts, torn
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs shallots minced
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
What could be better than artichokes and hearts of palm, Parmesan cheese in a tangy vinaigrette.
- In a large salad bowl add the shallots, mustard, garlic and red wine vinegar. Mix well
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil, while continuously whisking until an emulsion forms.
- Add the salad ingredients and mix well with the dressing.
- Top with shave Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.