- 1 cup of shredded or chopped chicken meat, cooked
- 1 tbs of rendered chicken fat (you may get this by sauteing chicken skin gently for about 5 minutes)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 1/8 inch rounds
- 1 stalk of celery cut into 1/8 inch crescents
- 2 tbs of fresh dill chopped
- 1 cup of egg noodles
This is an original chicken soup. Sometimes called Jewish Penicillin. It is very easy to make. The major requirement that you use homemade chicken stock. You may find the recipe for chicken stock by using our search engine.
- In a large pot add the rendered chicken fat.
- Heat pan to medium high and saute the onion and celery for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock, carrots, dill and egg noodles. Bring almost to a boil, then simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve hot.