Juicy Home Style Pot Roast with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 to 4 pound boneless beef bottom round roast
- 2 tbs canola oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced into 3 inch pieces
- 2 ribs of celery with leaves, sliced into 3 inch pieces
- 2 cups of beef stock. (check for recipe in our search engine)
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
This is a must have for your recipe file. The beef is melt in your mouth tender with a deep rich flavor. Serves 6 to 8.
- Bring beef to room temperature and dry with a paper towel.
- Season beef all over with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy pot or dutch oven add the canola, and over medium heat, brown the roast on all sides.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, celery, beef stock and cover.
- Turn heat down to low and cook slowly for 3 to 4 hours, checking periodically to make sure there is enough liquid in pot. If you need more liquid add more beef stock.
- Remove beef from pot and let rest for 15 or 20 minutes, so that the juices redistribute in the meat. Dis
- Boil the pan juices over moderate heat until they are reduced to about half.
- Slice the roast and return to the pot with the juices and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.